This reader-submitted recipe will soon be one of your new go-to recipes—sauteed chicken paired with a sun dried tomatoes and spinach is a quick cook recipe, that's delicious enough for family and friends.
Sauteed Chicken with Spinach
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Minced garlic, to taste
- Enough good olive oil to coat skillet
- ¼ cup capers and a splash of the liquid
- Juice from half of one lemon (minus the seeds)
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes (I like the ones in olive oil)
- 4 big handfuls of fresh washed spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slices to garnish
Gently pouch chicken in herbed water, dring with paper towels once cooked. Reserve half of water to use as chicken stock. Heat skillet with olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chicken breasts, sauté until browned. Reduce heat and simmer. Add capers, lemon juice, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, salt and pepper, and a ½ cup of chicken stock (and a splash of white wine too if it’s handy.) Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve alone or on rice. Garnish with lemon slices. If you have leftovers, chill and chop, serve on top of fresh spinach and sprinkle with favorite Vinegar salad dressing.
—Kelly Hutchinson, Lake Forest