Sitting at the dinner table, it can be difficult to concentrate on eating when the dog’s longing eyes follow your fork’s every movement. But even though you may be tempted to sneak him a small bite of your dinner, think twice about how it may affect his body. Here are a few food “no-no’s” that you should never feed your dog:
- Grape or Raisins: These can cause sudden kidney failure in dogs.
- Avacados: Though they are very beneficial for humans, they are toxic to cats and dogs.
- Garlic or Onions: Chemicals in garlic and onions can damage a pet’s red blood cells, which could result in anemia.
- Chocolate: More commonly known to be dangerous for dogs, chocolate contains theobromine, which can be toxic in canines.
- Macadamia Nuts: When eaten in large quantities, these can be fatal for dogs.
For more information: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/foods-pets-shouldnt-eat_n_1386261.html