There’s something about January that evokes a craving for warm, hearty, and comforting food. Chef Thierry Lefeuvre of Froggy’s French Cafe opened up his recipe box and shared his secret for the perfect Beef Bourguignon.
Serves 8 to 10
- 3 oz. grape seed oil
- 4 lbs. London Broil (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. of sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup of flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ liters of red Burgundy wine
In sauté pan, brown all of the vegetables. Reserve them in braise pan. Brown the beef. Add salt, pepper, and herbs. Sprinkle with flour. Add the wine and stir. Add the vegetables. Bring entire mixture to a simmer on stove top. Then let pot simmer for about 2 hours covered with lid.
Do you have a recipe you would like to share? Email
for the chance to be featured in F&B Gourmet.